The Children’s Book Bank depends on donations of gently-used children’s books from the community. Schools, workplaces, sports teams and book clubs have collected thousands of books through book drives to donate to the Children’s Book Bank. Book drives are a wonderful way to build goodwill, teamwork, school and community team spirit.
If you are interested in running a book drive please contact us first. We would be happy to provide you with organizational assistance, including the following materials:
- A Letter of Introduction making a formal request to undertake a book drive
- A Brief Description of The Children’s Book Bank
- A Guide to Running a Successful Book Drive
- A sample letter or e-mail to forward to families in your community
- A sample letter or e-mail to forward to staff at your school or volunteers at your community organization
Also, please feel free to watch this video on Organizing a Book Drive we have created.